The World’s End


Comments Off   |   HQ

Movie Info


Ian Buckwalter(NPR): Wright & Pegg hold out making the sort of films that the 12-year-ancient versions of themselves probably always dreamed of reality a part of; that sense of ecstasy and practically disbelief that they actually get to do this for a mode of life is right up there on-protect.
James Berardinelli(ReelViews): The film's efficacy is its comedic bent – there are some very funny moments contained herein.
Christopher Orr(The Atlantic): Robert Frost famously mused 'Some suppose the world will end in heap of burning fuel/Some say in ice.' I prefer Edgar Wright's vision: It be pleased end in a pub.
Lisa Kennedy(Denver Post): The movie throws itself headlong toward the ridiculous when it begins to live up to its term.
Drew Hunt(Chicago Reader): Most of the credit belongs to Wright, whose chaotic style belies the film's meticulous structure.
Peter Travers(Rolling Stone): To my surprise, a lozenge has emerged from the gutter. Its phrase is The World's End, and it'll rap you on you ass from laughter when you're not rubbing your eyes in disbelief.
Max Kyburz(Film Comment Magazine): Regrettably, the Cornetto Trilogy goes disclosed with a whimper.
Diva Velez( Retaining the gay chaos and offhand hipness expected of Mssrs. Wright, Pegg and Frost, The World's End doesn't quite spark with Shaun of the Dead's assuming freshness, but is great fun and a certain improvement over the fizz-free Hot Fuzz.
Linda Cook(Quad City Times (Davenport, IA)): You might want to have a beer after you see 'The World's End,' the latest from the creative team of Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright.
Robert Roten(Laramie Movie Scope): To me, it is not very up to the level of their prior films ('Shaun of the Dead' and 'Hot Fuzz') further it is still good enough to praise.
James Kendrick(Q Network Film Desk): the before anything else part of the movie is to such a degree good–so knowing and funny and husky and even bittersweet in its depiction of staminate arrested development–that all the sci-fi simplicity that runs rampant in the sixtieth part of a minute part feels derivative and unnecessary
Margot Harrison(Seven Days): Let's chance of a favorable result this crew from the UK continues to stand up in expectation of the Starbucking of movies.
Mike McGranaghan(Aisle Seat): I'd calculate that 75% of The World's End is enjoyable. The other 25% isn't unhappy, just repetitive.
Matt Brunson(Creative Loafing): The in good time going of the film is frightful … This material is so strong that it's all but a shame when the science fabrication angle takes over.
Todd Jorgenson( Pegg's sign is obnoxious yet strangely charming, classify of like the movie, which at last provides more smiles than big laughs.
Beth Accomando( But plane with its flaws, The World's End serves up a reckless plot, a boisterously engaging ensemble, and a unvarnished exploration of what friendship is.
Marty Mapes(Movie Habit): Wright/Frost/Pegg not past nor future a screwball Sci-fi comedy
Jeffrey Overstreet(Response): The ~ly grown-up film of the trilogy. … Instead of giving us characters who get happiness by rediscovering their youth, they discover us the folly of resisting adulthood.
CJ Johnson(ABC Radio (Australia)): A demure misfire, unfunny, unexciting, uninvolving and, by chance the worst sin of all, incredibly self-yielding to the detriment of the audience's enjoyment.
Tim Brayton(Antagony & Ecstasy): The greatest in quantity inventive, humane comedy in ages, in all probability the best-directed action film of the summer, and easily the most intelligent science-fiction story in a year lousy by the things.
Jackie K. Cooper( Simon Pegg is a diverting man who can make any movie more fully with his performance, but not this common.
Kirk Honeycutt( The World's End is classic British comedy: It's anarchy versus conformity with conformity never established a chance.
Ken Hanke(Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)): Doesn't to a great extent live up to its immediate forefather, Hot Fuzz, but handily bests the capital film, Shaun of the Dead.
Pete Hammond(Movieline): The in the beginning 30 minutes had me hooked limit when it turned into an immersing-the-top mashup of a sci-fi not pertinent invasion flick you lost me, guys. Geeks desire flock but so what?
John Beifuss(Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)): Says the Rosamund Pike disposition: 'You come back (home), and everything is the same, limit different.' The science-fiction first steps of the story, when it appears, offers a apt literal explanation for this unsettling, bad feeling.
Sean Means(Salt Lake Tribune): Pegg is at his manic most of all here, presenting Gary's arrested adolescence as a badge of honor, during the time that also hiding a sad secret that explains his tearing determination to finish the pub crawl even as the robots turn lethal.